TUE - May 7th - 12PM – Main Newsroom (G1-04)
WED - May 8th - 11AM – MA Newsroom (G1-03)
WED - May 8th - 3PM – 4rd Year Newsroom (G3-19)
THU - May 16th - 11AM – 3rd Year Newsroom (G3-19)
WED - May 29th - 11AM – Main Newsroom (G1-04)
Have you ever wondered, could I make a great podcast? Apply and find out!
The Google Podcasts creator program seeks to increase the diversity of voices in the industry globally and lower barriers to podcasting. Selected teams will receive seed funding and participate in an intensive training program.
The program is run by PRX, a pioneer in podcast training and education. PRX will be accepting applications March 18, 2019 - April 28, 2019.
Speed Mentoring: Think 'speed dating', but for your career! If you ever wanted your own board of senior advisers, people who are established business leaders who have been there and done it. At this event on the 1st of May, they will advise you on how to succeed in your careers. If you're lucky they may also be able to share their contacts with you! This is a unique opportunity to spend time with senior staff from within BBC radio and content and learn first hand what it takes to make it within the creative industry.
The European Commission is looking for participants for the third edition of Youth4Regions - the programme for aspiring journalists. If you are interested in our fully-funded EU training programme, we encourage you to apply by sending:
- a short original article (400-1000 words), or
- a short video (2 – 3 minutes)
on a project that has been co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund or Cohesion Fund.
The short article or the short video you would like to send to us needs to be original and not published before.
The winners will be invited to Brussels between 6 - 11 October 2019 for a full week of;
- training on journalism and EU affairs,
- working together with established journalists,
- networking with the EU institutions, European media and fellow peers, and more.
- The European Commission will cover travel and accommodation!
Upon completion of the programme participants will become part of the Youth4Regions Alumni, a pan-European network of future journalists interested in EU affairs.
The application period is open until 15 July 2019 at 17:00 (CET). Apply now!
The Music Man Project is a music education service specifically for people with learning disabilities and they are looking for a podcast producer! They're on a mission to reverse perceptions about people with a learning disability, which so often focuses on what we can’t do and on what we need.
A little while ago, they came up with the idea of having a MMP Podcast. The idea would be to create a 'magazine' type programme with
- Interviews with students, families, carers, professionals etc
- A 'desert island disc' type spot where the students talk about their favourite music.
- Raising some really important issues. Talk about the difficult moments as well as the great moments for families affected by disability - giving voice to some of the wonderfully funny students they know
- report from events, interview celebrities, law makers etc…. the possibilities are endless!!
- As well as regular features like a MMP recording to start and 'Music is Magic' to end.
On Monday 15th April (only 3 weeks away!) they will be taking over 200 of our musicians from across the UK to the iconic Royal Albert Hall where we will be performing to an audience of around 4000 people. This will top every achievement so far. They aim to educate and inspire the general public with our talent, enthusiasm and musical expression.