The KMTV news team has an exciting full-time opportunity available for the right candidate. The successful applicant will join a professional news team, helping to produce its flagship programme ‘Kent Tonight’, as well as other shows including ‘Team Talk’, ‘Chris & Co’, ‘Paul On Politics’ and ‘BASSed in Kent’. Part of this role will include assisting the technical coordinator in the maintenance of broadcast critical aspects of the channel, as well as scheduling content. Interested? Keep reading.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- NCTJ qualified
- A proven track record in sourcing and producing television news stories
- Experience in a professional television newsroom
- Technically proficient
- Highly skilled in using Final Cut Pro X
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work both independently and in a team environment
- Broad knowledge in using social media such as Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin & Facebook
- Able in on-screen presenting
- A portfolio of contacts in the region
Anyone wishing to apply should send a CV and short covering letter to news editor Andy Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday 28th March. A showreel or portfolio of work is not necessary at this stage of the application.